- Director of Educational Programs at the Fond du Lac Association of Commerce
1. With so much nature in our area, what types of outdoor adventure do you participate in and where?
I love hiking at Ledgeview Nature Center, fishing and boating with friends on Lake Winnebago, canoeing on the Fond du Lac River and taking advantage of the Wild Goose Trail to name a few. Having grown up ice skating, I cannot wait to skate on the ice rink in beautiful Lakeside Park!
2. Where would you go in Fond du Lac or the Lake Winnebago Region for your favorite beverage (adult, blended, etc.)? What would that beverage be and why?
The Cedar Lodge Supper Club mixes up an incredible Bloody Mary and they always seem to taste especially delicious on a Green Bay Packer game day.
3. What is your favorite season and what is that "one thing" you absolutely have to do every year in that season? Why?
Fall is by far my favorite season and the one thing I enjoy doing every year is taking a drive up along Lake Winnebago's east shore to take in the fall colors and bop around the little towns along the way. A stop at the Little Farmer for a caramel apple is always a highlight of this fall tradition.
4. What are your two favorite places to eat in Fond du Lac or the Lake Winnebago Region, favorite thing(s) to eat at these establishments and why?
There are a lot of great places to eat in the area, but one of my all time favorites is Roepke's Village Inn out in our area's beloved "Holyland" where you can enjoy an amazing steak and lobster dinner along with their famous salad bar - if you're looking for an authentic Wisconsin supper club experience, this is the real deal! My other lifelong favorite is Mazatlan Family Restaurant in Fond du Lac. I am telling you that you cannot beat their homemade guacamole and salsa.
5. While central Wisconsin has no lack of massive malls, locals know they can essentially "shop the world" by visiting our numerous local shopping venues. From fair trade to one-of-a-kind to the many shops run by local artisans, describe a "Shop til you drop
Some of my favorite shops to visit on a day off include the Railroad Depot Antique Shop where you can find all sorts of unique pieces for your home and an incredible record collection, Pat's Gallery of Antiques which has an amazing assortment of vintage jewelry, Just Fare Market where you can support a meaningful cause with every purchase, and Living Light Studio which is full of tons of beautiful, handmade jewelry and artwork.