- Fond du Lac Police Officer /K-9 Officer
1. Describe a great date night in the Fond du Lac Area.
Take a nice scenic drive out to the Holyland and go to one of many outstanding supper clubs such as Blanck's or Jim and Linda's. Then come back to Fondy for an after dinner libation at Irish's Pub in Downtown Fond du Lac.
2. What is the most adventurous activity you have done in the Fond du Lac Area?
The most adventurous thing that I have done is kayaked down the Fond du Lac River. This river twists and turns through Fond du Lac and has a good current if you get it at the right time. In the winter, it makes a great four wheeler ride as well.
3. What is your favorite thing to do on or near Lake Winnebago?
Ice fishing is what the big lake is all about. In the winter, small cities of ice shacks form on the ice with everyone chasing perch, walleye and of course sturgeon. Lake Winnebago is considered by some to be the sturgeon capital of North America.
4. Where were the last two restaurants in the Fond du Lac Area that you had an amazing meal?
The BackYard Grill & Bar has awesome ribs, but I find it hard not to order the Door County Salad, which comes with their signature flavored butter and bun. The Coliseum, in Downtown Fond du Lac has great chicken wings and gyros, as well as tons of T.V.'s to watch whatever sport you are interested in.
5. Where is your kids' favorite place to "act their age"?
My kids love the Children's Museum of Fond du Lac as well as the YMCA. Both places provide numerous options for them to play and learn.