- Marketing Account Manager at Fond du Lac's wisnet.com
1. Where would you go in Fond du Lac or the Lake Winnebago Region for your favorite beverage (adult, blended, etc.)? What would that beverage be and why?
There's so many awesome places to grab a drink that it's super tough to choose! But if I had to pick just one, I'd be at TJ's Harbor Restaurant. They make an amazing Bird Dog Peach Old Fashioned where they hand muddle it with peach whiskey. It's fantastic whether you're looking out over the lake on a gorgeous summer day, or finding warmth during a cold Wisconsin winter.
2. What is your favorite way to spend a day with the family in Fond du Lac or Lake Winnebago Region and why?
I'm a huge fan of taking my nephews to the Children's Museum of Fond du Lac to kick start the day. They love the exhibits there and I love that I can actually spend time with them rather than sitting in silence while watching a movie or they're stuck playing games on their iPads. After we spend some time there, if it's a nice day we'd swing over to Lakeside Park and play on the beautiful playground equipment (they have a zip line!) or ride the train a couple times. Sometimes we'll stick around with a picnic lunch, or we'll head over to Trepanier's Backyard Grill & Bar where they'll get corn dogs and I'll dig into a southwest chicken wrap.
3. What is your favorite season and what is that "one thing" you absolutely have to do every year in that season? Why?
Hands down, the absolute best season to experience is fall and that "one thing" I have to do every season is make a trip to Little Farmer for pumpkins, apples and fun with my nephews. Then we head just a hair north to LaClare Farms for lunch and hanging out with the goats!
4. What are your two favorite places to eat in Fond du Lac or the Lake Winnebago Region, favorite thing(s) to eat at these establishments and why?
My favorite places to eat in Fond du Lac are Annie's Fountain City Café and Sal's Pizza. Both downtown. Both amazing. At Annie's, I'll get anything that's on the breakfast menu. Typically a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich on texas toast with some tasty Collectivo coffee and maybe a cookie for the road. Then for Sal's, how can you go wrong with New York style pizza-by-the-slice? They have some awesome, unique combinations like lasagna pizza, buffalo chicken and more. (I'm going to cheat and add a third because Kelley's Country Creamery has AMAZING ice cream!)
5. Describe the perfect date night in Fond du Lac or Lake Winnebago Region?
The perfect date night in Fond du Lac has to start at Cujak's Wine & Coffee Bar. It's an awesome environment to sample a glass or two and begin an evening. Then it's off to dinner. If we want to keep the drink tasting theme going, we'd head to Green Dragon to try some of their many beers on tap and great food. Or to keep things a little more low-key, head over to Red Cabin at Green Acres Bar & Supper Club where everything is delicious. We'll then wrap things up at the THELMA Sadoff Center for the Arts to see what fun, eclectic and exciting live music they've got going on.