Situated beautifully in the southeast corner of Fond du Lac, The Galloway House and Village boosts the famous 30-room Galloway mansion, a carriage house showcasing bygone buggies, a school house with an actual roll-call attendance book, a print shop with working equipment and many, many more century-old structures to take you back 100 years. The Galloway House and Village offers a self-guided walking tour of the Village. Guests can peruse the gift shop where they will find books by local authors, old fashion treats and trinkets to remember the visit. Village is open June 1 to August 31, 10 am-5 pm. We invite you to check our website for all upcoming events.
336 Old Pioneer Road, Fond du Lac, WI
- On-Site Parking
For seven days, explore, imagine, and discover Fond du Lac County's rich history through special presentations and programs during Museum week. Take advantage of discounted admission and memberships, special exhibits, giveaways and more.
- What Is It? Contest-($500 value FCHS Lifetime Membership Grand Prize) Museum guests take their best guess at identifying selected artifacts. Visit on March 28th or the 30th from 11am-4pm or during any of the program times listed below.
- MARCH 26-Member Only BTS* Tour 1-4pm At-the-Door New Memberships Welcome! *Behind the scenes guided tour through areas of buildings and grounds that are typically not open or seen by members and the public.
- MARCH 28-Stories at the Museum & Craft 10am & 3:30pm. Featuring the 1938 children's book "Jerry of Seven Mile Creek," a charming story about Jerry's ambition of having a drum and when a ride behind a horse to Fond du Lac was an adventure!
- MARCH 28 & 29-Victorian Health and Medicine 3/28-6:30pm & 3/29-5:30pm Presented by Renee Waters, ND
- April 1-Annual Meeting & Spring Fundraising Banquet 11:30am-3pm. Ascension Lutheran Church. Program by WI Author, Liz Tolsma "The Story Within: Preserving Your Family Story." 50/50 Raffle, Quilt Raffle, Silent Auction, Luncheon and Contest Giveaway.
Celebrate Mother's day by making special memories at the Galloway House for Victorian Tea. This event is for ladies and gentlemen mature kindergarten through senior adult. Bring your favorite tea cup and saucer, or purchase one that day, then step back in time to enjoy fancy desserts and a traditional high tea. Special guests, music, and poetry, promise to make these Victorian Teas one you will not soon forget. Victorian hats, dress, and your little ladies American Doll guests are encouraged but not necessary to participate. Pre-registration is required.